City staff responds to California Vehicle and Palmdale Municipal Code violation complaints according to the impact of the violation on the community. Situations that pose a serious risk to health and safety are given top priority; others are pursued in the order in which they are received.
For all code complaints, the first step is an inspection by City staff to verify if a code violation exists. In many cases, the responsible party for the code violation is allowed to voluntarily correct the situation and comply with current codes without a penalty. If the correction is not made, the responsible party may be subject to fines and civil injunctions or other penalties.
Identifying Code Violations
The City relies on residents to help identify possible code violations, particularly in these areas:
- In-operable/Unregistered vehicles in the public right-of-way
- Street parking and parking on lawns
- Overflowing garbage or other garbage problems
- Zoning and occupancy issues
- Property maintenance issues
- Unregistered rental properties
- Illegal signs, such as advertising flyers and portable ground signs
- Long grass and weed violations
- Abandoned and/or inoperable vehicle
Penalties range from $100 to $10,000 depending on the citation.