The Human Rights Advisory Committee provides advice and actionable recommendations to the Mayor, City Council, and City Manager in their efforts to build and maintain an inclusive community by cultivating awareness, increasing diversity, encouraging sensitivity, promoting equity, and improving relations with various segments of the community.
For additional information, please contact Wafi Shah, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Specialist at (661) 267-5407 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings are conducted on the first Thursday of every other month at 5:00 p.m. and held at the Council Chamber located at 38300 Sierra Highway, Suite B Palmdale, CA 93550
At least 72 hours before a scheduled meeting, the agenda and related items will be posted.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Verbal Public Comment During the Meeting
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO WISH TO VERBALLY ADDRESS THE COMMITTEE MAY SPEAK VIA ZOOM:
- Webinar attendee link https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86987058190?pwd=ajMrRlVoQ3R3WnZLdnJLNVRmNWNaQT09
- When: February 1, 2023 05:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Numbers: US: +1 669 444 9171
- Webinar ID: 869 8705 8190
- Passcode: 703341
- Please press *9 to “Raise Your Hand” and wait for the host to ask you to unmute yourself.
- Press *6 to unmute your microphone.
- Please state your name and city of residence for the record and begin
Verbal comments must be limited to three (3) minutes. Public comments submitted will become part of the official meeting record.
Public Attendance at Meetings
The Council Chamber is open for in-person public comment and seating.
- The Human Rights Advisory Committee is made up of seven members.
- Human Rights Advisory Committee members serve a two-year term.