- Economic & Community Development
- Economic Development
- Small Business Assistance Programs
Small Business Assistance Programs
Small Business Marketing Program (Business of the Week)
To continue to assist our Palmdale small businesses in recovering from the pandemic, the City is offering free marketing opportunities through our media outlets such as digital billboards, Channel 27, and social media platforms. You may nominate a Palmdale business or your own business to be featured as “Palmdale’s Business of the Week.” The City will select nominated businesses on a first-come, first-served basis determined by the criteria outlined below while also assessing the diversity of impacted Palmdale small businesses. To qualify for this campaign, nominated businesses must:
- Be a for-profit business physically located in Palmdale
- Have an active Palmdale business license
- Be a brick-and-mortar business
- Have ten or less employees
If selected, the small business will need to submit a high-resolution logo or photo to be used in the marketing campaign. Please complete the nomination form (link below). Staff will contact the business if they are selected.
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer, the Nomination Form might not open correctly. You can change your default browser by selecting the Start button and then typing Default apps. In the search results, select Default apps. Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Google Chrome or another browser.
Small Business Assistance Grant Program
Opened on January 9, 2023, the City will be utilizing funds to extend financial assistance to our local businesses through the Small Business Assistance Grant program (SBAG). The funds shall be used to provide support to businesses for payroll, rent, personal protective equipment, and other costs required to resume or expand business operations as a result from the negative impact of Covid-19. Link to SBAG application and guidelines are available on the panel on the left.
Los Angeles County Grant Opportunities
For additional grant opportunities or businesses located outside of Palmdale city limits. (Click here to be redirected) LA County small and microbusinesses (less than $2 million in revenue) and non-profits (less than $5 million in revenue) impacted by COVID-19 may qualify for financial relief to support their post-pandemic recovery.
Please contact our Small Business Development Center (SBDC) for additional information at 661-362-5900.
To be eligible for the Small Business Assistance Grant (SBAG) Program, a business must meet all of the following criteria:
- The business must be a for-profit business physically located in Palmdale; and
- The business must be located in a commercial or industrial space; and
- The business must have an active Palmdale business license for a minimum of six (6) months prior to application; and
- As of the prior calendar year, the business must have five hundred (500) or less employees; and
- The business has been negatively impacted by COVID-19; and
- The business must be in good standing with the City (current on bills, no liens, or judgements, etc.), unless directly correlated to COVID-19 impacts; and
- Business or owner has a DUNS number, or will have applied for one prior to executing the program agreement (https://www.dnb.com/duns-number/get-a-duns.html); and
- The business must submit the application, and all required supporting documentation.