The Avenue R Complete Streets Project will provide for street improvements along Avenue R between Sierra Highway and 25th Street East.
The proposed improvements include:
- widening Avenue R from its current four-lane configuration to five lanes (two travel lanes in each direction with a center two-way left turn lane).
- closing existing sidewalk gaps;
- adding CIass ll bike lanes in each direction;
- providing enhanced crosswalks and ADA-compliant curb ramps, bus turnouts; and
- modification of the traffic signal at the intersection of Avenue R-4and 11tn St East to accommodate the roadway improvements
This project has been awarded to Sully Miller Contracting Company and has a total project cost of more than $20 million, which will be funded through multiple sources as outlined below.
- $7.65 million in Caltrans Active Transportation Grant funds
- $5 million in Surface Transportation Local Program funds
- The remaining Funding comes from Gas Tax, Measure M & Article 8
Preconstruction Work By Others
|Construction Stage 1||Construction Stage 2||Construction Stage 3|
to Feb. 2023
to April 2023
to Nov. 2023
to July 2024
to Sept. 2024