Your voices were heard and we listened! Thanks to feedback from 96 park design surveys and 157 community meeting attendees, we are excited to announce the results of the community’s hard work and vision for Sam Yellen Park, Phase II.
While a lot of really great ideas were discussed, to keep the project within budget the most popular elements were included in the design.
Sam Yellen Park Expansion Key Elements:
- 6 futsal courts
- An expanded playground
- A 1,500 square foot activity center
- Walking path and additional exercise stations
- Community event area with tiered grass seating area
- Shaded picnic areas and plenty of shade for all
- Additional restroom building
- Multiuse turf area
What’s next for Sam Yellen Park?
The City has summited a reimbursement grant application to the State of California, Department of Parks and Recreation, Office of Grant and Local Services. Visit www.parks.ca.gov for more details. Stay tuned!