- Economic & Community Development
- Building & Safety
Building AND Safety
Building and Safety Fee Change Advisory-July 1 2021 (PDF)
Building and Safety regulates the construction of all new, remodeled and existing residential, commercial and industrial buildings as mandated by the State of California and the City’s building codes.
Building and Safety is offering a new opportunity for virtual interactive inspections using the Google Duo and Zoom apps for various types of inspections in an effort to maintain progress on the many active jobsites still active during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Building Permit Application
Building permit application online.
Residential Rental Unit Registration Application
- Residential Rental Unit Registration form online
- Residential Rental Unit Inspection Program Information (PDF)
- Tenant's Rights Handbook
Please note: All residential rental properties are required to be inspected by Building and Safety under City Ordinance 1273. After completing the Residential Rental Unit Registration application, a Business License application must be completed through Business License.
EV Charger Application
- Permitting Process for EVCS (PDF)
- Express Permit Checklist for One- and Two-Family EVCS-Form EV023A (PDF)
- Express Permit Checklist for Multi-Family EVCS-Form EV023B (PDF)
- Express Permit Checklist for Nonresidential EVCS - Form EV023C (PDF)
- Site Plan - Form EV023D (PDF)