- Public Works
- Sewer Maintenance
- Industrial Waste Program
Industrial Waste Program
The City of Palmdale’s Industrial Waste program was created to protect and lengthen the lifespan of the public sewer system. The program works to prevent costly and environmentally hazardous sewer overflows, educate residents, and issues commercial permits to business owners and educates them about their role in maintaining a healthy sewer system as required by state and federal regulations.
Harmful Sewer Problems
One of the most harmful and costly problems to a healthy sewer system is the deposit of fats, oils, and grease (FOG) down drain lines. Over time, FOG poured down the drain builds up and eventually blocks both private laterals and sewer mainlines.
The following documents are valuable resources for businesses and residents to help keep FOG out of the City’s sewer system.
Food Service Establishments
Automotive Repair / Body Shops
- Auto Repair Application (PDF)
- Auto Repair Best Management Practices Poster (PDF)
- Automotive Employee Training Log (PDF)
- Floor Cleanup (PDF)
- LA County Fire Department Guidelines (PDF)
- Oil Water Separator Inspection Log (PDF)
- Oil Water Separator Maintenance Log (PDF)
- Oil Water Separators (PDF)
- Sewer Lateral Maintenance Log (PDF)