- City Manager
- City Clerk
Office of the City Clerk
The City Clerk is committed to ethically serving the needs of the citizens of the Palmdale community with the utmost courtesy and professionalism in partnership with the Palmdale City Council, and City departments to provide equal access to open and transparent government.
The City Clerk acts as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes, including the Political Reform Act, the Ralph M. Brown Act, the California Public Records Act, and the Maddy Act.
- Serves as communication liaison between the citizens of Palmdale and the Palmdale City Council by preparing and disseminating meeting agendas and recording minutes and official proceedings.
- Serves as an election official, impartially managing all general municipal elections; issues information to candidates, including nomination papers and candidate handbooks, and certifies election results.
- Updates and maintains the Palmdale Municipal Code.
- Acts as Custodian of Record -accurately records, protect, and preserve the integrity of the City’s public records.
- Coordinates recruitments for Boards/Commissions/Committees to fill vacancies and records minute actions.
- Prepares certificates and commendations, and proclamations.
- Publishes legal notices; chain of custody for claims, petitions, and lawsuits.
- Maintains the official City seal and administers oaths of office.
The City Clerk Division is also comprised of the off-site Records Center, which provides records retrieval and legislative research for City departments. It maintains the City’s legislative history and official records in accordance with the City-wide Records Retention Schedule.
The City Clerk does not issue marriage licenses, birth certificates, death certificates, or passports. These documents are issued by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk at (800) 201-8999 or https://www.lavote.gov/.
Election and Voter Information
If you want to receive the daily candidate list, please email the email@example.com.
- Watch City Council Meetings
- Legislative History
- Boards & Commissions
- City Records
- City Clerk Filings
Regular City Council and Successor Agency to the Community Redevelopment Agency of the City of Palmdale meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Council Chamber located at:
38300 Sierra Highway
Palmdale, CA 93550
To view City Council Meetings and archives visit www.cityofpalmdale.org/CityCouncilMeetings
Boards & Commissions
For more information, visit Board and Commissions.
To view any board or commission vacancies visit Current Vacancies.
City Clerk Filings
- Mayor, City Councilmembers and Executive level staff, must file a Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700) with the City Clerk’s office when assuming office, as well as on an annual basis for disclosure of investments or interests in real property within the City. Copies may be obtained from the City Clerk's office, the city’s website at https://public.netfile.com/pub/?AID=CPD or the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC). Please review the Conflict of Interest Code for more information regarding
- Gifts to Agency Report. There are no Gift to Agency Reports at this time.
- Form 802 - In accordance with the provisions set forth in Section 18944.1 of the FPPC, ticket disclosure forms are posted on this website within 30-days after distribution of tickets. You may view the City of Palmdale’s Ticket & Pass Distribution Policy.
- Form 806 - Any additional compensation that officials receive when appointed to positions on committees, boards or commissions of a public agency, special district, and joint powers agency or authority is reported on this Public Official Appointments - Form 806 (PDF).
- Campaign Filing Statements