Neighborhood Services works to improve and strengthen Palmdale’s neighborhoods through community engagement, neighborhood revitalization and public safety programs to support, foster and maintain a safe community and affordable housing.
- My landlord is raising my rent again, is this legal?
The City of Palmdale only has a Rent Control Ordinance for mobile homes within City limits. For more information on rent increases and the guidelines, call:
- Housing Rights Center, 800-477-5977 (tenants and landlords) a free clinic is held on the third Thursday of each month at SAVES from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Palmdale Legal Access Center, 800-870-0732 (tenants only) a free clinic is held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at SAVES from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- I am a tenant and I feel I am being discriminated against by my landlord, can you help me?
Please call the following for all tenant/landlord issues involving discrimination, eviction, unsafe living conditions, etc.:
- Housing Rights Center- 800/ 477-5977 (tenant & landlords) Free Clinic the Third Thursday of every month 1-4 @ SAVES
- Palmdale Legal Access Center- 800/ 870-0732 (tenants only) Free Clinic the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month 9am-12 @SAVES
- There are always cars speeding in my neighborhood, how can this issue be fixed?
Call the Palmdale Sheriff’s Department at 661-272-2400 and ask for the Traffic Division.
- How do I report graffiti in my neighborhood?
Please call 94-Pride (661-947-7433) for graffiti-related complaints and issues.
- There is a loose animal in my neighborhood, can you send someone out to catch it?
For all animal control-related questions and concerns, call Animal Care & Control at 661-575-2888.
- I need to speak with my case worker, I have issues regarding my vouchers.
Call the County of Los Angeles Housing Authority Section 8 office, at 661-575-1511 or the main office in Alhambra at 626-262-4510.
- My Neighbor has rats and cockroaches coming out of their house/ trash cans, can you send someone out to get rid of them?
You can file a complaint with the LA County Department of Public Health at 888-770-9995.