Annual Mobile Home Rental Review Board Meeting
Monday, February 26, 2024, at 6:30 p.m. at the City Council Chambers (38300 Sierra Hwy, Suite B, Palmdale, CA 93550)
Questions or Comments: Please contact RentControl@CityofPalmdale.org or call 661/267-5126.
Reunión Anual del Consejo de Revisión de Alquiler de Casas Moviles
Lunes, 26 de febrero 2024, a las 6:30 p.m. en la Sala del Consejo Municipal (38300 Sierra Hwy, Suite B, Palmdale, CA 93550)
Preguntas o Comentarios: Por favor comuniquese al RentControl@CityofPalmdale.org o llame 661/267-5126.
Rent Control and Annual Park Compliance
Rents for mobile home spaces are controlled to protect residents from excessive rents while providing a just and reasonable return to owners of mobile home parks (see Chapter 5.44 of the Palmdale Municipal Code).
Mobile Home Park Annual Registration
The annual registration and associated fees are due by January 31 of each year (Municipal Code Ordinances 1368 and 1449). In addition to the required registration forms and fees, please include:
- Complete resident ledgers for the previous year (rent rolls, charge detail reports, etc.). The exact reference may vary at your property; the reports must show the base rent, all pass-through charges, late fees, and any fee or service charged to the resident that is added to the base rent and paid as the total gross rent to the property. These are to be monthly reports for the period of January to December.
- A copy of all new long-term agreements signed during the reporting period, and a copy of the signed CC 798.74.5 at the time or immediately prior to the signing of the long-term agreement, for each new resident.
It is the responsibility of the reporting party to ensure the registration is correct and synchronizes with all preceding reports and all fees are paid. If the registration is deemed incomplete or incorrect, it will be returned to the property for correction.
Preceding reports must be received by the City in order for the current registration to be reviewed and declared complete. The following need to be completed:
- The annual registration submitted and declared complete and correct by the City of Palmdale.
- April reporting, 988 and 991 submitted and accepted.
- October reporting, 988 and 991 submitted and accepted.
- No other outstanding issues as determined by the ordinance.
Please see below chart when calculating Annual Registration fees due: