The City Attorney provides correct, helpful, timely, and cost-effective legal representation and advice to the City Council, Agencies, Boards and Commissions and City departments in matters of law pertaining to City's functions.
The City Attorney is responsible for representation of and advice to the:
- Airport Authority
- Boards, commissions, and all City officers and staff in all matters of law pertaining to the City
- City Council
- Housing Authority
- Industrial Development Authority
- Palmdale Civic Authority
- Palmdale Finance Authority
- Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency
The City Attorney’s goal is to minimize or prevent litigation against the City, and to enforce the City’s rights and remedies.
The City Attorney:
- Attends all regular, special and adjourned meetings of the City Council, its agencies, boards and commissions
- Coordinates all pending litigation pertaining to the City, remains available at all times for consultation, and advises on legal matters by the City Council, City manager or City staff
- Drafts and reviews all ordinances, resolutions, and agreements presented to the City Council and its agencies, boards, and commissions
- Supervises insurance and risk management matters