- Parks and Recreation
- Programs & Leagues
- Recreational Scholarships
Applications Open May 1, 2023!
The City of Palmdale is committed to providing City of Palmdale residents expanded accessibility to our programs and facilities to ensure that no child is denied an opportunity to participate in our programming because of economic hardship. If you and your family are current residents of the City of Palmdale and are low-income, you may qualify for a scholarship. For complete eligibility verification and program requirements, please see program of interest guidelines.
The Department of Parks and Recreation has a limited number of scholarships available for children who wish to participate in select parks and recreation programs. All scholarships, regardless of need, are limited by donated funds and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit our application to view program qualifications and restrictions. Scholarships are available for the following programs:
Please carefully read the information below and the program guidelines before submitting an application to make sure the information you provide is complete and accurate. Incomplete applications may be rejected. If you have questions or issues, please email us at email@example.com.
- STEP 1: Submit your application through our online form. Complete the entire application and include copies of proof of enrollment in a qualifying program. All applications and information are kept strictly confidential.
- STEP 2: You will need an online registration account. If you have not created an online account at www.playpalmdale.com since April 2015, you will need to create a new account for you and your child(ren). You must have an online account before a scholarship will be awarded and to register for any program.
- STEP 3: Your application will be processed and reviewed for approval on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified of the status of your application by email within three weeks.
- STEP 4: If your child is awarded a scholarship, the online account that you created will be credited with the approved award amount. You will be responsible for registering your child in the Parks and Recreation program and/or membership. The scholarship will show as a credit on your account and you will be able to select it to pay for the transaction. The remaining balance of the program/membership fee is due at the time of enrollment. Please note that the Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for registering children into any programs.