- Parks and Recreation
- Programs & Leagues
- Recreational Scholarships
Parks & Recreation Scholarships
We are very glad to know you are interested in participating in our programs and achieving all of your dreams. Please carefully read the information below before submitting an application, and make sure the information you provide is complete and accurate. Incomplete applications may be rejected. Please use the table below to determine the appropriate filing period. If you have questions or issues, please email us at email@example.com.
Filing Period Opens
Applications Due By
|Winter/Spring 2023||January 1||February 28|
|Summer 2023||May 1||June 30|
|Fall 2023||September 1||October 31|
If your family members are current residents of the City of Palmdale and are low-income, you may qualify for a scholarship to register your child(ren) into one of our recreational programs.
- STEP 1: Submit your application through our online form. Complete the entire application and include copies of proof of enrollment in a qualifying program. All applications and information are kept strictly confidential.
- STEP 2: You will need an online registration account. If you have not created an online account at www.playpalmdale.com since April 2015, you will need to create a new account for you and your child(ren). You must have an online account before a scholarship will be awarded and to register for any program.
- STEP 3: Your application will be processed and reviewed for approval on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified of the status of your application by email within three weeks.
- STEP 4: Scholarships are awarded for a maximum of 50% of the program registration fee. If your child is awarded a scholarship, the online account that you created will be credited with the approved award. You will be responsible for registering your child in the Parks and Recreation program. The scholarship will show as a credit on your account and you will be able to select it to pay for registration. The balance of the program fee is due at the time of registration. Please note that the department is not responsible for registering children into any programs.
The Department of Parks and Recreation has a limited number of partial scholarships available for children who wish to participate in select parks and recreation programs. The maximum amount of any scholarship awarded shall not exceed 50% of the total registration fee for the class. Additional costs (material fees, uniforms, etc.) above the initial registration fee are not included. All scholarships, regardless of need, are limited by donated funds and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Any resident of the City of Palmdale is eligible to apply for a scholarship for a child, 17 years of age and under, in their immediate family. Applicant must show proof of residency through our online registration and address must match submitted verification documents. In order to be eligible for a scholarship, a customer’s account must be in good standing. Applications for suspended or accounts with balance due will not be eligible until the balance is paid in full.
Scholarships are based on annual income. A copy of one of the following programs is required during the application process: Reduced or free lunch program, CalWORKS, AFDC, SSI, food stamps, TANF, Medicaid, foster or institutionalized child. Verification forms must show child-specific information in order to qualify.
Scholarships are limited to one per session (winter/spring, summer or fall) per child. Admission into the program allows you to register for eligible activities at 50% of the program fee. Most activities are eligible for the scholarship discount. Awarded amounts are based on available funds. Adult sports and Tiny Tots are not eligible for a recreation scholarship.
Please note that aquatic scholarships are only available during the summer session. If your child is awarded an aquatic scholarship, you will not be eligible to apply for a recreation scholarship in the same session for the same child. Scuba and private swim lessons are not eligible for an aquatic scholarship.