PALMDALE – The City is updating its zoning ordinance and zoning map to be consistent with the City of Palmdale’s newly adopted General Plan, Palmdale 2045. The Public Draft of the Zoning Code and the zoning map are available for review at https://www.palmdale2045.org/palmdale-zoning-code.
The City is hosting virtual office hours in January 2023 to answer questions on the draft Zoning Code and zoning map. Spanish interpretation will be available.
Office Hours #1 (Virtual), Thursday, January 12, 2023, 2-3:30 pm
Register here: https://bit.ly/3iAeqJj
Office Hours #2 (Virtual), Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 6-7:30 pm
Register here: https://bit.ly/s8E3kfj
The update of the Zoning Code is intended to support the city’s growth in an orderly manner and promote and protect public health, safety, peace, comfort, and the general welfare of the community in conformance with the Palmdale 2045 General Plan. The objectives of the update are to:
- Comprehensively update the Zoning Code to implement the land use patterns and development framework established in the Palmdale 2045 General Plan update;
- Update the zoning map to ensure consistency with the General Plan land use designations;
- Update the development regulations, processes, and procedures in the Zoning Code to ensure consistency with State law and the General Plan;
- Streamline project approval processes;
- Incorporate and build upon ongoing and recently completed work on Specific Plans and multi-family design regulations;
- Create a highly illustrative Zoning Code that is easy to use, understand and clearly conveys regulations; and,
- Re-structure the Zoning Code to be logically organized and in line with best practices.
Visit the project website, https://www.palmdale2045.org/palmdale-zoning-code, to view the interactive map and project schedule or send us your comments at: email@example.com.