The City of Palmdale is inviting public participation for a series of virtual joint General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) and public meetings this summer on specific policy topics including housing, safety, health, and public facilities (schools, libraries, recreation).
Participants will be able to review details of the policy frameworks with the General Plan team, ask questions, and provide comments during the virtual meetings.
To sign up for the virtual meetings, visit the project website at Palmdale2045.org.
All meetings will take place via Zoom from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The meeting dates and topics are as follows.
- Thursday, June 17 - Safety, infrastructure, and hazards
- Wednesday, June 30 - Resilience, sustainability, and climate change
- Thursday, July 15 - Land use, mobility, and housing – part 1
- Wednesday, July 28 - Land use, mobility, and housing – part 2
- Thursday, August 5 - Economic development and military readiness
- Wednesday, August 11 - Health, environmental justice, equity, parks and public facilities
Requests for ASL and Spanish language translation will be accommodated if made at least three working days (72 hours) in advance of the scheduled meeting date. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Last winter and spring, we received community input on the Preferred Land Use Alternative which will be the basis of the updated General Plan Land Use Map,” said Palmdale Director of Economic and Community Development Carlene Saxton. “Now, the General Plan Team is preparing draft policies—called policy frameworks—that are an interim step in the General Plan Update process before drafting the elements, or chapters, for the General Plan. Ultimately the General Plan will serve as a compass for decision-makers and will shape the future of the City. Join us and have a say in what you’d like to see your City become!”
For more information, visit www.Palmdale2045.org , or contact the City of Palmdale’s Planning Division at 661/267-5200, or by email at email@example.com.